Last update: Wed 3 Sep, 2014
The company has had a major role in the COSMO-SkyMed (COnstellation of small Satellites for Mediterranean basin Observation) mission since its inception.
Within the programme, INNOVA has been involved in the analysis and prototyping of the focusing algorithms for the StripMap and Spotlight acquisition modes to generate Single Look Complex, Multilooked, Detected, Ground Projected and/or DEM Projected images.
With the know-how acquired in this initial activity, the company designed and developed the following processors present today in the User Ground Segment (UGS):
• deformatting processor to generate Level 0 products from data acquired in all acquisition modes;
• focusing of SAR raw data in the highest resolution SpotLight acquisition mode for the generation of Level 1A products;
• processor for the generation of Level 1B products using data acquired in StripMap and Spotlight.
Highlight of said experience is without a doubt the design and development of the processor to focus very high resolution data acquired in Spotlight acquisition mode, of great interest for civil, but mostly, military defence applications.
INNOVA is currently involved in the validation and calibration activities for the commissioning phase of the constellation satellites and has collaborated with Telespazio S.p.A. during Phases A, B and C1 of the COSMO Second Generation.
As a result and through other projects and programmes, the company has also developped extensive expertise in:
- maritime applications to extract the position of small boats and/or oil spills from SAR data and / or meteo-marine information from SAR data;
- SAR interferometry in environmental and infrastructure monitoring services.
As a natural progression, in January 2012 the company founded a start-up, DIAN Srl, geared to provide remote sensing of natural phenomena and non-destructive infrastructure monitoring services and products with the use of satellite and/or ground based interferometric radar sensors.
Sorry, there are no images to show yet